Chiya Pasale

We even took his mobile number with a promise that we will be back again someday to drink at least a cup of tea. This is a story of an inspiring hotel owner Gorkha Bahadur Rumba Tamang, a small tea-shop owner in a place called 4 Bhandar at the end of the Chaimale VDC. It has not been long that he has been running this tea shop. “It’s been just a 17 months I am doing this job and I hope to continue and extend it even.” Rumba says. 4 Bhandar is located at the top of the hill with a panoramic view of hills and small glimpse of Kathmandu Valley.
Before establishing the Tea shop Rumba was abroad for work. He says “I have been to Qatar for 6 years, where I worked as a labor in construction side.” Now he has no intensions of going abroad rather he is planning to establish a very first lodge in Chaimale. “It’s far better to be a Tea shop owner than a labor in abroad. We have money and opportunity all around us but it’s on us that we have to grasp it.” Says Rumba with a splendid smile. He has been arranging for capital to set up a lodge in few months and in his absence his wife Sita Rumba takes good care of shop as well as 8 years old and 2 years old children.
Rumba has studied only up to class 8 due to his family problems and he had to find a work and earn for his family. During that time he had worked in a Garment factory in Baudha and even as a labor for some years. Unfolding that tough time we could see the snuffle in his eyes. “Life for me was very harsh but I am very proud to say I never gave up, I worked as a labor, helper, and conductor and now here I am with my family and my occupation”. Rumba has also started very small animal farming and established a STD-ISTD telephone service in the corner of his Tea shop. He also handles the parachute Jumping from 4 Bhandar. We were amazed to know that he can speak English as well. “I learn English by watching movies”, this was what he said when we asked how he was able to speak English.
After witnessing Gorkha Rumba’s life it’s a lesson for us that never give up attitude is what life is all about. If you can fight the astringent obstacles your life gives you then nothing is impossible to achieve.

0 comments: